Winter Park Dentist
Winter Park Dentist - For The Community
Altamonte Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry serves the Winter Park Florida area with a range of implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and general dentistry services. We take the time to listen to your concerns and respond with the most appropriate treatments to achieve your cosmetic and dental health goals. Dr. Miranda is arguably the top dentist Winter Park has to offer.
Our accomplished dentists have extensive education and training. Dr. Atila C. Miranda is a prosthodontist – a dentist with an additional 3 years of training in an American Dental Association program to gain expertise in the restoration and replacement of damaged teeth. Dr. Don Preble is a respected implant dentist with a wealth of experience and a focus on oral surgery.
Our compassionate, professional staff and doctors take great joy in seeing the pleasure our patients find in their new, beautiful smiles. We understand that not everyone is thrilled about visiting the dentist in Winter Park and do all we can to make your experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Implant Dentistry Winter Park
Losing teeth can make it harder to eat and speak and have a negative impact on your appearance. Using advanced dental technology, our oral surgeon in Winter Park provides comprehensive implant dentistry services, including:
- Dental implants: To effectively replace one or more missing teeth
- All-on-four dental implants: Using 4 dental implants that attach to your top arch, bottom arch, or both, for strong, reliable, natural-looking permanent teeth replacement without the need for bone grafting surgery
- Full mouth reconstruction: To restore your teeth in both the upper and lower jaw
- Bone grafting: To restore your natural jaw ridge and facial contours after bone loss
- Permanent dentures: Fixed dentures, permanently placed in position, that look, feel, and function like natural teeth
- Teeth in a day: A state-of-the-art dental procedure that uses as few as 4 dental implants and provides patients with a new set of strong, stable teeth in one session
Cosmetic Dentistry Winter Park
Cosmetic dentistry can not only improve the appearance of your smile but also help maintain dental health. It can help correct crowding, close gaps, and make it easier to keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. Our Winter Park dentist provides a range of cosmetic dentistry services, including:
- Full mouth reconstruction: For patients who are embarrassed about their appearance because of lost or cracked teeth or old dental work in the upper and lower jaw
- Porcelain veneers: Thin shells of strong, durable tooth-colored material placed over the surface of the teeth to permanently improve your smile
- Zoom teeth whitening: A painless, deep-cleaning and whitening process to give you a dazzling smile in only one hour, accomplishing some of the best teeth whitening Winter Park has to offer
- Crowns and bridges: Our natural looking crowns and bridges are designed to restore damaged teeth, replace missing teeth, and blend seamlessly with your smile
General Dentistry Winter Park
Good dental health sets the stage for a beautiful smile and overall health. Our dentist in Winter Park provides complete preventative and general dentistry services, including:
- Metal-free fillings: Metal fillings of the past, made of mercury and silver alloys, created a “metal mouth” appearance and could also cause tooth damage or breakage when they expanded and contracted with temperature changes. We use safer, stronger, longer lasting, natural-looking composite materials for filling teeth
- Teeth cleanings: A dental cleaning every 6 months is an important part of good oral hygiene. Professional cleanings are deeper and more intense and reach places you can’t reach with brushing and flossing. This also helps accomplish true teeth whitening in Winter Park
- Preventative dentistry: Proper oral care helps prevent gum disease and tooth decay and promotes oral health. Studies have shown that maintaining oral health may lower your risk for serious health conditions, such as heart attack and stroke. Regular dental exams and cleanings along with preventative treatments, such as fluoride, mouth guards, and sealants, can help promote a healthy, beautiful smile into the future
Our Priorities: Quality Care and Patient Experience
In addition to our respected Winter Park dentists, our dedicated team includes:
- Lisa – our experienced office manager who is committed to compassionate care and outstanding customer service
- Cindy – our registered dental hygienist who is personally dedicated to providing quality patient care
- Karen – our primary surgical assistant with more than 2 decades of experience who genuinely enjoys caring for our patients
We understand that there are no cookie-cutter solutions in dentistry and work closely with each patient in Winter Park to custom tailor an individual treatment plan. Our goal is to help you achieve a healthy, brilliant smile while enjoying a pleasant treatment experience in a warm, friendly environment.
We work closely with our patients to help them get the treatment they need, which may include assistance with applying for financing. Our practice accepts CareCredit, a convenient financing option, and we can help you with your application in our office.
Advanced techniques in cosmetic, implant, and general dentistry can have a positive impact on your appearance and your oral and general health. Schedule a consultation at Altamonte Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry for a thorough examination and a custom-tailored treatment plan to give you the beautiful smile you deserve with one of the top Winter Park Dentists.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction is comprehensive treatment for patients with severe dental problems. Reconstructive dentistry involves a combination of procedures designed to:
- Repair damaged teeth;
- Replace missing teeth;
- Correct a faulty bite and improperly seated jaw joints;
- Address gum and jawbone damage;
- Replace old dental work that is worn; and
- Treat diseases of the mouth, if needed.
At Altamonte Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, our dentist in Winter Park has helped many patients who needed full mouth restoration. With extensive experience in full mouth reconstruction procedures, he can address the full scope of your dental needs to create a more attractive smile with healthy bite and jaw function.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Treatments
As a comprehensive dental treatment, full mouth reconstruction is individually tailored to each patient's needs. It may include any combination of the following:
- Implant dentistry: To replace missing teeth from root to crown.
- Restorative dental treatments: This may include crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and fillings.
- Neuromuscular dentistry: To correct problems involving the bite and the temporomandibular joints (TMJ).
- Orthodontics: Invisalign and traditional metal braces, spacers, expanders, and retainers.
- Oral surgery: Surgical treatments include root canals, tooth extractions, and soft and hard tissue grafting.
- Periodontal treatments: This includes scaling, root planning, and periodontal surgery.
- Bruxism treatments: Therapy designed to stop teeth grinding and associated symptoms.
- Cosmetic dentistry: This may involve gum recontouring, teeth whitening, dental bonding, or porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers can completely change the shape, size, length, and color of your teeth. These are ultra-thin shells of tooth-colored porcelain or composite placed over the facial surfaces of the teeth to correct a range of dental issues, including:
- Chips and cracks
- Worn tooth enamel
- Uneven spacing and alignment
As veneers are used to create beautiful smiles with properly aligned, shapely teeth, porcelain veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry. However, they also provide protective qualities and may reduce the need for more extensive treatments. Compared to crowns, porcelain veneers require very little or no tooth structure removal.
Crowns and Bridges
Our Winter Park Dentist at Altamonte Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry provides sturdy, natural-looking crowns and bridges that blend seamlessly with your smile.
A crown provides full-coverage restoration of a decayed or damaged tooth, encasing the portion of the tooth that visible at and above the gum line. It is used to restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of a damaged tooth.
You may need a crown:
- When the structure of a tooth has deteriorated around a filling
- To restore a tooth that has been chipped or cracked
- To cover a malformed or discolored tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To anchor a dental bridge
We may recommend a bridge if you have a tooth missing or a broken or severely decayed tooth that cannot hold a dental crown. Bridges are typically made by creating a crown on either side of the missing or severely damaged tooth or teeth and placing one or more false teeth between the crowns. They are used to resolve the problems of missing teeth, maintain bite and jaw alignment, and help preserve the structural integrity of the mouth.
Our city was founded as a winter resort community by northern business magnates in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The main street of Winter Park contains a private liberal arts college, museums, art galleries, retail, civic buildings, a train station, a park, a historic cemetery, a golf course country club, and a boat launch and beach.
Thousands of visitors attend annual festivals in the scenic Olde Winter Park area, with its winding brick streets and its canopy of old southern live oak and camphor trees draped with Spanish moss. Our Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival is one of the largest and oldest juried outdoor art festivals in the country. It has been rated among the top shows by American Style and Sunshine Artist magazines.
Dr. Miranda is privileged to serve this vibrant and happy community.